Thursday, August 29, 2013

Personal Style

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." - Yves Saint-Laurent

Fashion has been a large part of my life since childhood. My mother taught me at a young age that you get to wear whatever you want whenever you want. My motto as a little girl was "princesses don't wear pants", and I believe I donned only skirts and dresses for about 2 years. That importance of personal style stuck with me until high school, when peer pressure and lack of self-esteem demolished all sense of self. I found myself wishing for $200 pairs of jeans with rhinestones on the pockets, and furry boots. Senior year, I picked up at nasty case of "senioritis" and came to school in yoga pants and t-shirts daily. 
After graduating last spring, and starting up college this fall, I feel as though it is time to turn over a new leaf and try to figure out who. I. am. I want to feel confident in my own skin, and be able to piece an outfit together in 10 minutes instead of 1 hour. 

This blog will be my way of figuring out who I want to be. Whether it relates to fashion, a career, or life in general.

xoxo, Rowyn




No comments:

Post a Comment